Help protect your precious pooch from parasitic pests and the potentially harmful diseases they can transmit with K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick Treatment for Medium Dogs. This broad-spectrum, veterinarian-recommended treatment is specifically formulated to repel and kill fleas, ticks and mosquitoes on contact with no painful biting required. It further kills all life stages of fleas to prevent re-infestation, and even kills lice while also repelling biting flies. The waterproof formula for puppies and dogs 7 weeks or older and weighing between 11 and 20 pounds continues working for up to four weeks, even after bathing or swimming.
- Broad-spectrum, veterinarian-recommended treatment repels and kills fleas, ticks and mosquitoes on dogs 7 weeks or older and weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Begins working within 12 hours and kills pests on contact with no painful biting required.
- Kills all life stages of fleas to prevent re-infestation; also kills lice and even repels biting flies.
- Waterproof formula continues working for up to four weeks, even after bathing or swimming.
- Convenient, monthly topical application contains imidacloprid, permethrin and pyriproxyfen; available in packs of 2, 4 or 6 treatments.
USE ONLY ON DOGS AND PUPPIES 7 WEEKS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WEIGHING 11 – 20 LBS. DO NOT USE ON CATS. Do not get this product in dog’s eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rate, may occur after using ANY pesticide product on dogs. If signs persist, or become severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product. Keep out of reach of children.
- Imidacloprid 8.80%
- Permethrin 44.00%
- Pyriproxyfen 0.44%
How to open:
- Be sure tube is at bottom of pouch.
- Using scissors, cut the pouch across the top and remove tube.
How to apply:
- Use only on dogs.
- Remove applicator tube from the package. Use scissors and peel down foil.
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
- Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
- Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
- The dog should be standing for easy application. The entire contents of the K9 Advantix II tube should be applied evenly on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog.
- Discard empty tube.
- In cases of severe pest infestations, retreatment is allowable earlier than 4 weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every 7 days. After pest control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
|Dog Weight||K9 Advantix II||Volume|
|UNDER 10 LBS||Small Dog||0.4 mL tube|
|11 – 20 LBS||Medium Dog||1.0 mL tube|
|21 – 55 LBS||Large Dog||2.5 mL tube|
|OVER 55 LBS||Extra Large Dog||4.0 mL tube|
Frequently Asked Questions
How is K9 Advantix II different from K9 Advantix?
With the addition of an insect growth regulator (IGR), K9 Advantix II kills all life stages of fleas. K9 Advantix II also prevents development of fleas, flea eggs, larvae (maggots), and pupae (cocoons), and prevents fleas on a treated dog from infesting your home.
What is the benefit of repellency?
Repellency helps prevent ticks, fleas, and mosquitoes from attaching, biting or feeding. A repelled parasite doesn’t bite or attach. If it doesn’t bite or attach, it can’t transmit the organisms that may cause disease.
What is the difference between K9 Advantix II and other tick and flea products?
K9 Advantix II repels and kills ticks, fleas, and mosquitoes. It repels biting flies and kills lice, too. Its repellency activity and broad spectrum make K9 Advantix II different from other tick and flea products.
Is K9 Advantix II waterproof?
Yes. There is no need to reapply the product after weekly swimming or a bath. For best results, use a non-detergent shampoo.
Can I use K9 Advantix II on my cat?
No. K9 Advantix II must not be used on cats because of a cat’s unique physiology and inability to metabolize certain compounds.